- View Photographs
The Blue Mosque
The Blue Mosque, or properly known as Masjid Aqsunqur al-Nassery was built in 1347 during the Mamluk era. To the left of the open courtyard is the Mausoleum of Aqsunqur and his son. Beside it stands the Mausoleum of his brother-in-law, Sultan Ala al-Din Kuchuk (the little one) son of al-Nasir Mohammed who ruled for five month before being assassinated at the age of six. To the right is the tomb of Ibrahim Aga Mustahfazan, owner of the adjacent house. Read more ...